Wednesday, April 8, 2009

OK, I Get That it’s Broken – So What Can I Do?

OK, I Get That it’s Broken – So What Can I Do?


This is a question that be answered simply and completely right now.

Take personal responsibility.

Be responsible and talk to your employer or employees about not accepting the “entitled” health care offered by your company. Employees; see what you can do to get your own health insurance – not health care – actual insurance. There are plans out there in your state you just need to find them. (I can help with that. Email me!) See if some of the savings you get by not taking the health care offered by your employer. Talk to him or her about dropping the company plan and encouraging them to get their own health insurance. (I can help with that too. Email me!)

Employers; have the hard conversation with your employees about health care plans offered by your company. Tell them that it is breaking the company. Tell them the entitlement era is going away nationwide or they will soon lose all control of their health care and health care decisions. (Read Universal Health Care.) And I can help you with that too Mr. and or Ms. Employer.

What you will find is that as you realize that the money for health care – Dr. visits and the like - does actually come from somewhere, that you are more acutely aware of taking care of your own health care. When all it costs is a $15.00 co-pay to go to the doctor and your “health care” is covered by your employer there is no sting, you have no skin in the game. But once you have to fork over the cash yourself, you realize that health care doesn’t grow on trees.

And Mr. and Ms. Employer you will see a drastically different work force. Trust me on this; people who pay nothing for something see no value in it. Once the nickels begin to come out of their pocket you will have a dramatically difference workforce on your hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment